2209 Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
2209 duplex stainless steel wire mesh is an alloy originally designed for the welding of other duplex stainless steels (i.e. 2205 duplex). It is almost exactly the same as 2205 duplex, with the exception of additional nickel content (5.5% in 2205 duplex vs. 8.5% in 2209 duplex), which helps create the 50/50 austenite/ferrite phases in welding. Additionally, the higher nickel, molybdenum, and chromium content enhances the resistance to corrosion and ensures proper welds without the need for heat-treatment. Some characteristics of 2209 duplex stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Duplex stainless steel (both ferritic and austenitic).
- Magnetic in all conditions.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Good fatigue strength & excellent corrosion resistance in severe industrial and chemical settings.
- Easily welded, more difficult to cut and form than T-316L (thus, higher cutting forces are required).
Industries & Applications
2209 duplex stainless steel wire cloth is primarily used in chemical/petrochemical, food processing, and oil field/refinery industries. It is most commonly found in off-shore applications and a variety of other industries.
2209 duplex stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S39209
- 2209 Stainless
- Alloy 2209
2209 Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S39209 - 2209 Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
2209 Duplex Stainless Steel
2209 Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven 2209 Duplex Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded 2209 Duplex Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded 2209 duplex stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. 2209 duplex wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!