310 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Type 310 stainless steel wire mesh has a higher nickel content than T-309 stainless steel, and provides good strength and oxidation resistance at temperatures up to 2000°F. T-310 stainless steel is often referred to as 25-20 stainless steel due to its 25% chromium and 20% nickel composition. 310 stainless steel offers superior performance to both T-304 and T-309 in most environments as a result of this high chromium and nickel content. Some characteristics of 310 stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Austenitic stainless steel.
- Non-magnetic when annealed.
- Slightly magnetic when cold worked.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Superior corrosion resistance vs. T-304 & T-309 in broad range of industrial and chemical settings.
- Resists oxidation at 2000°F temperatures.
- Heating permitted up to 2000°F – 2100°F temperatures.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
T-310 stainless steel wire cloth is principally used in applications where a combination of corrosion and oxidation resistance, strength, and toughness is a must. As such, T-310 wire cloth is commonly used in chemical processing equipment, heat exchangers, and oil field / refinery equipment. Additional industries and applications which commonly use T-310 stainless steel wire cloth include:
- Liquid Filtration & Particle Separation
- Steam Piping
- Sulfite Liquor Filters
Type 310 stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S31000
- 25-20 stainless steel (25% chromium + 20% nickel)
- SUS310 (Japan)
310 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S31000 - 310 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
310 Stainless Steel
310 Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven T-310 Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded T-310 Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded 310 stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. T-310 wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!