347 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Type 347 stainless steel wire mesh is similar to the basic T-304 stainless steel alloy, but includes the addition of niobium (formerly called columbium) and tantalum. The niobium content allows for the elimination of carbide precipitation / intergranular corrosion, and also supports superior corrosion resistance vs. even that of T-321. The combination of the chromium and tantalum additions give T-347 stainless steel wire cloth excellent creep and stress rupture properties when compared to T-304L. T-347 is usually selected over T-321 in many aqueous and other low-temperature environments. Some characteristics of 347 stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Austenitic stainless steel.
- Non-magnetic when annealed.
- Slightly magnetic when cold worked.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Excellent oxidation & corrosion resistance in broad range of industrial and chemical settings.
- Resists oxidation at 1500°F temperatures.
- Heating permitted between 800°F – 1500°F temperatures.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
T-347 stainless steel wire cloth is principally used in applications where other stainless steel alloys (i.e. T-304L) are susceptible to intergranular corrosion (so the weld and the base metal are equally corrosive resistant). The primary applications are oil field & refinery, mining & quarrying, and aerospace. Additional industries and applications which commonly use T-347 stainless steel wire cloth include:
- Food Processing
- Liquid Filtration & Particle Separation
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Piping
- Waste Treatment
Type 347 stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S34700
- SUS347 (Japan)
347 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S34700 - 347 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
347 Stainless Steel
347 Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven T-347 Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded T-347 Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded 347 stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. T-347 wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!