410 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Type 410 stainless steel wire mesh is the basic martensitic stainless steel alloy; its 11.5-13.5% chromium content provides satisfactory corrosion resistance in dry atmospheres, steam, mild industrial atmospheres, and many mild chemical environments. T-410 further offers great strength and toughness across a broad range of mechanical properties, post heat-treatment. As such, T-410 is frequently used in severe forming and cold heading operations, especially when post-work heat-treatment is to occur. Some characteristics of 410 stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Martensitic stainless steel.
- Magnetic in all conditions.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Excellent corrosion resistance in broad range of industrial and chemical settings.
- Resists oxidation at 1400°F temperatures.
- Heating permitted between 1100°F – 1400°F temperatures.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
T-410 stainless steel wire cloth is principally used in applications where mild corrosion, heat resistance, and high strength properties are required. Some examples include severe forming and cold heading operations.
Type 410 stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S41000
- SUS410 (Japan)
410 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S41000 - 410 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
410 Stainless Steel
410 Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven T-410 Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded T-410 Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded 410 stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. T-410 wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!