410 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Type 410 stainless steel wire mesh is the basic martensitic stainless steel alloy; its 11.5-13.5% chromium content provides satisfactory corrosion resistance in dry atmospheres, steam, mild industrial atmospheres, and many mild chemical environments. T-410 further offers great strength and toughness across a broad range of mechanical properties, post heat-treatment. As such, T-410 is frequently used in severe forming and cold heading operations, especially when post-work heat-treatment is to occur. Some characteristics of 410 stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Martensitic stainless steel.
- Magnetic in all conditions.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Excellent corrosion resistance in broad range of industrial and chemical settings.
- Resists oxidation at 1400°F temperatures.
- Heating permitted between 1100°F – 1400°F temperatures.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
T-410 stainless steel wire cloth is principally used in applications where mild corrosion, heat resistance, and high strength properties are required. Some examples include severe forming and cold heading operations.