304L Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Type 304L stainless steel wire mesh is the same as Type 304 stainless steel wire mesh, except for its extra-low carbon content which allows for superior welding. Specifically, the low carbon content helps to minimize carbide precipitation when welding, allowing T-304L wire cloth to be used without subsequent annealing of the weld joints, even in corrosive environments. Some characteristics of 304L stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Austenitic stainless steel.
- Non-magnetic when annealed.
- Slightly magnetic when cold worked.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Excellent corrosion resistance in broad range of industrial and chemical settings.
- Not as corrosion resistant as T-316L stainless steel wire mesh, but less costly.
- Heating permitted between 800°F – 1600°F temperatures.
- Superior resistance to intergranular corrosion during welding as compared to T-304.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
T-304L stainless steel wire cloth is principally used with food products, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals due to its corrosion resistance, moisture-proof, and non-contaminating characteristics. T-304L wire cloth is commonly used in the sorting and screening of abrasives, liquids, powders, and other solids. Additional industries and applications which commonly use T-304L stainless steel wire cloth include:
- Basket Fabrication
- Beer Brewing
- Household Appliances
- Liquid Filtration & Particle Separation
- Milk Processing
- Mining & Quarrying
- Oil Field & Refinery
- Steam Piping
- Wine Making
Type 304L stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S30403
304L Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S30403 - 304L Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
304L Stainless Steel
304L Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven T-304L Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded T-304L Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Extensive Stock Inventory & Manufacture-to-Order Capability
Phoenix Wire Cloth carries one of the largest stock inventories of both woven and welded 304L stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, and filter cloth in the United States, and can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) needed to meet your specific project requirements. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. T-304L wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!