314 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Type 314 stainless steel is the same alloy as T-310 stainless steel except for the addition of a higher silicon content. The higher silicon content, at 1.5-3%, improves high temperature oxidation resistance allowing for maximum resistance during carburization. Similar to T-310, T-314 has a higher nickel content than T-309 stainless steel, and provides good strength and oxidation resistance at temperatures up to 2000°F. 314 stainless steel does however become brittle if subjected to prolonged temperature exposure within a 1200°F – 1500°F range. Some characteristics of T-314 stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Austenitic stainless steel.
- Non-magnetic when annealed.
- Slightly magnetic when cold worked.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Superior corrosion resistance vs. T-304 & T-309 in broad range of industrial and chemical settings.
- Higher silicon content provides maximum resistance during carburization as compared to T-310.
- Resists oxidation at 2000°F temperatures.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
T-314 stainless steel wire cloth is principally used in applications where carburization of the wire mesh is to occur. Additionally, T-314 wire cloth is used in heat exchangers and furnaces.
Type 314 stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S31400
- SUS314 (Japan)
314 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S31400 - 314 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
314 Stainless Steel
314 Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven T-314 Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded T-314 Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded 314 stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. T-314 wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!