2507 Super Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
2507 super duplex stainless steel wire mesh is the most commonly used super duplex stainless steel alloy in the industrial wire cloth world. Its high chromium (25% ), molybdenum (4%), and nickel (7%) content make 2507 super duplex the ideal alloy for taxing applications requiring superior corrosion resistance and strength. Additionally, its higher chromium, molybdenum, and nickel content yield superior strength and resistance to pitting, crevice, and general corrosion vs. 2205 duplex. Some characteristics of 2507 super duplex stainless steel wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Duplex stainless steel (both ferritic and austenitic).
- Magnetic in all conditions.
- Withstands outdoor exposure without rusting.
- Great resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- Very resistant to corrosion by organic acids (i.e. formic and acetic acid).
- Able to be used in dilute hydrochloric acid.
- Easily welded, more difficult to cut and form than T-316L (thus, higher cutting forces are required).
Industries & Applications
2507 super duplex stainless steel wire cloth is primarily used in chemical processing, oil field & refinery, and seawater applications. Additional industries and applications which commonly use 2507 super duplex stainless steel wire cloth include:
- Architectural (seashore/urban areas)
- Biofuel Plants
- Desalination Plants
- High Chloride Environments
- Liquid Filtration & Particle Separation
- Marine Applications
- Power Plant
- Wastewater Treatment
2507 super duplex stainless steel is also commonly referred to as:
- UNS S32750
- 2507 Stainless
- Alloy 2507
- 25Cr Duplex
- F53 Duplex
- Sandvik SAF 2507®
2507 Super Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|UNS S32750 - 2507 Super Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
2507 Super Duplex Stainless Steel
2507 Super Duplex Stainless Steel Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven 2507 Super Duplex Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded 2507 Super Duplex Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded 2507 super duplex stainless steel wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. 2507 super duplex wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!
*Sandvik SAF 2507® is a registered trademark of Sandvik Materials Technology.
*All alloy and company names are trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply affiliation or endorsement.