Kanthal® D FeCrAl Alloy Wire Mesh – Alloy Overview
Kanthal D FeCrAl alloy wire mesh is a ferritic iron-chromium-aluminium (FeCrAl) alloy used primarily in electrical resistance heating elements, and other high-temperature settings, up to 2370°F. In addition to other beneficial properties, Kanthal D wire cloth offers both excellent oxidation resistance and high resistivity. It is often chosen over Nichrome V 80/20 (Chromel® A), one of the oldest resistance heating alloys, when higher temperature use, longer life, and higher resistivity levels are required (not to mention its cheaper cost!). Some characteristics of Kanthal D FeCrAl alloy wire cloth which dictate its use are:
- Ferritic iron-chromium-aluminium (FeCrAl) alloy.
- Nominal composition of 22% chromium, 4.8% aluminum, and iron balance.
- Very magnetic in all conditions.
- Excellent oxidation resistance and high resistivity.
- Good resistance to sulfur and carburizing settings.
- Useful in high-temperature settings up to 2370°F.
- Can be cut, formed, and welded.
Industries & Applications
Kanthal D FeCrAl alloy wire cloth is principally used in high-temperature appliances and electronics given its low density, high resistivity, and superior high-temperature resistivity.
Kanthal D FeCrAl alloy is also commonly referred to by the following tradenames:
- Alloy 815 (Hoskins)
- KD (Hyndman)
- Aluchrom I (Thyssen Krupp VDM)
- Alchrome (CarTech)
- Resistohm 135 (Rescal)
- Stablohm 812 (Calfine Wire)
- Alloy K (Jelliff)
Kanthal D FeCrAl Alloy Wire Mesh – Typical Chemistry
|Kanthal® D FeCrAl Alloy Wire Mesh - Typical Chemistry|
|Kanthal® D FeCrAl Alloy||ASTM B603||Min||0||0||0||20.5||0||2.75|
Kanthal D FeCrAl Alloy Wire Cloth – Harmonized Tariff Codes: Chapter 73
Woven Kanthal D Wire Mesh:
- 0-30 Mesh: 7314141000
- 31-91 Mesh: 7314142000
- 92+ Mesh: 7314149000
Welded Kanthal D Wire Mesh:
- 3.937″+ Center-to-Center AND .1181″+ Wire Diameter: 7314200000
- <3.937″ Center-to-Center OR <.1181″ Wire Diameter: 7314390000
Phoenix Wire Cloth can manufacture-to-order any combination of mesh opening size + wire diameter(s) to supply you with the woven or welded Kanthal D FeCrAl alloy wire mesh, bolting cloth, milling cloth, or filter cloth that you require. In addition, we can slit, cut, punch, form, heat treat, powder coat, etc. Kanthal D wire mesh to deliver the exact material you require.
Call or email us for a quote today!
*Kanthal® is a registered trademark of Sandvik Intellectual Property AB
*All alloy and company names are trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply affiliation or endorsement.